has now become online and now maintained by Tata Consultancy Services.
This is a bonus to the people who are technology friendly but a curse to those people who are too intellectually challenged to apply online.
So, here are some guidelines which can make your passport application process easy & simple.
1. Click Register as a New User under .
2. Fill up your personal details.
3. After registering yourself successfully, a Thank You message appears for registering on the Passport Seva Portal and a link is sent to your email ID.
4. Activate your account, by clicking the link that is sent to your email ID.
5. Your account will be activated and this completes the registration process.
Note: The link expires after 7 Days.
1. Login as an existing user by clicking the Login.
2. Give your Password.
3. Key in the Captcha displayed on your screen in and click the Login button.
4. Click on .
You have two options:
You can download the soft copy of the form, fill it offline, up-load the filled form.
You can also fill the application form online.
Filling up the Application form is easy. Just fill up the form with the appropriate details. If you are filling up the form online, just click Next after finishing every page. Click Save my details if you want to leave your application unfinished and continue filling it the next day.
Note: You can navigate between the Previous/Next pages and edit your details until you click Submit in the last page. Once you submit your application, you won’t be allowed to change anything.
Manage Appointment for Passport
Scheduling a passport appointment is the most difficult part of this process. It requires a
The appointment window opens and hardly lasts for a few minutes.
You are allowed to schedule an appointment . This varies from time to time.
The appointment page will show you a slot of 15 days with different available time slots. This also varies from time to time and from one PSK to another.
Note: If you have opted for passport, then the page will show you time slots of a single day.
If you lose a chance in a day, you can’t have a second try on the same day. In that case you have to wait for 24 hours and try your luck the next day.
Back buttons are disabled while navigating between the appointment pages.
Reload/Refresh buttons are also of no use in that page.
Multiple Logins are disabled. So, don’t try this as in this case you will be logged out automatically and will be able to try again the next day.
1. Login before 5 minutes from the time scheduled for managing the appointment.
2. Select the file and click on Manage Appointment, then choose the type of Appointment Quota (Normal or Tatkaal) and click on Create Appointment.
3. Choose your PSK and key in the Captcha fast and just at the stroke of the exact time, click on Show Available Slots.
Note: Server becomes a bit slow around that time due to huge traffic, so have lots of patience and wait for the page to load even if it takes some time.
4. When the next page opens, don’t think too much. Just click on any available date/time slot.
5. You will be asked to again key in the Captcha and confirm your slot in the next page. Either you will be successful or will fail to schedule an appointment on that day.
Sometimes you may be logged out automatically after this. In that case when you log in again see if there is an beside the Applicant Name in the row corresponding to the ARN. If yes, then you have got the appointment. Then select the file and select Print Application receipt button to print the .
6. The will have a with the date/time and other details mentioned in it. Take a print out of the page because this is your where you will be allowed entry on showing this page.
Note: Even if someone is a mili-second faster than you and clicks on the same day/time slot that you selected, then you will not get the appointment and have to try again the next day.
Try to click on the day/time slot which is at an uncommon place on the screen and any person who just views the page have a less probability to click on the same slot.
This completes your online Passport Application process. Now, just visit your concerned PSK at the date & time on which you managed the appointment.
View Passport Application Status Online
To get the current status of your passport application :
1. Click on the left side of the website under .
2. You get a File number, after successful completion of procedures at the PSK. Enter that file number along with your Date of Birth and click on Track.